Clean Earth Receives 2017 Gold Award from King County
JULY 9, 2018
Last month, the King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks Industrial Waste Program in King County, Washington, awarded Stericycle Environmental Solutions, Inc. DBA Burlington Environmental LLC (now Clean Earth) with the 2017 Gold Award.
This award recognizes the company’s compliance with the terms and conditions of its wastewater discharge permit in 2017. It also recognizes the company’s efforts to protect the King County treatment works and the water quality of the Puget Sound region.
King County’s Rewards and Recognition Program recognizes industrial wastewater dischargers that meet or exceed wastewater discharge permit requirements. Awarded winners help protect public health and the environment by controlling the discharge of substances that can degrade wastewater treatment, harm workers, damage facilities or reduce water and biosolids quality.
Clean Earth had to meet the following criteria to receive the 2017 Gold Award:
- Had an active industrial wastewater discharge permit each month
- Discharged industrial wastewater at least three months
- Collected all samples required by its permit
- Had no King County-issued violations
- Had not been in Significant Non-compliance status
- Had no late report
- Had no self-monitoring violations
To find out more on how Clean Earth can help your business, be sure to look at our services page here.