COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
This site is owned and operated by Clean Earth, Inc. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Clean Earth, Inc, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION CLEAN EARTH, INC. GATHERS AND TRACKS
Clean Earth, Inc. gathers two types of information about users:
1. Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. Gathered information may include but is not limited to voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, request a quote, request a permit, submit a job, request general information, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
2. Information Clean Earth, Inc. gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does Clean Earth, Inc. divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Clean Earth, Inc. Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
1. Electronic newsletters and Eblasts: We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Clean Earth, Inc. gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter or eblast.
2. Requested Information (forms): Users of the site's request forms must register separately for these requests in order to submit requests thru our website for requested permits, quotes, general information or to submit a job. The user is required to supply information such as but not limited to first name, last name, email address and under certain circumstances will need to provide additional information so that we can fulfill the request. The user’s information is not used for any other purpose other than to respond to the request in the appropriate manner.
3. "E-mail this to a friend" Service: Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking "e-mail this to a friend". The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
4. Polling: We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Clean Earth, Inc. may use a system to "tag" users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
5. Surveys: Clean Earth, Inc. may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Clean Earth, Inc. tracks user traffic patterns throughout our site. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Clean Earth, Inc. does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
Clean Earth, Inc. sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms those users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our site users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
A cookie is a small data file that is sent by Web servers to your computer’s hard drive, where your Internet browser files are kept. Cookies enable websites to store small bits of information on your computer and retrieve that information at a later time. Clean Earth, Inc. uses two types of cookies: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that are erased from your computer’s memory when you close your Internet browser or turn your computer off, and persistent cookies, which exist on your computer’s hard drive until they expire, unless you delete them at an earlier time.
Single-pixel tags, also known as web beacons or web tags, are graphics that function similar to cookies. Single-pixel tags are not visible because of their small size. They are used to collect information in web logs that does not identify you personally such as web pages viewed, the web site you came from and the advertisement you clicked on to visit our web sites. They also are used to determine whether certain promotional or other commercial e-mail messages we send are opened.
USE OF INFORMATION
Clean Earth, Inc. uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience when on our website, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the site or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
Clean Earth, Inc. collects personal information and other data that you may enter into forms or data fields on our website or online resources. Such information may include, but not be limited to, contact information (such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, user ID and password), professional credentials, experiences, activities, skills, preferences, hobbies and interests.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and eblasts and to enable users to participate in requests, polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule and occasionally send out informative eblasts to include but not limited to our services and/or notifications of special events. Clean Earth, Inc. never shares information with any third parties.
Online social media resources are interactive tools that typically enable you to collaborate and share information with others. Some examples of social media resources include social networks, discussion boards, bulletin boards, blogs, wikis, and referral functions to share website content and tools with a friend or colleague. Clean Earth, Inc. may collect personal information from you to enable you to use online social media resources we may offer from time to time. Clean Earth, Inc. may also enable you to use these social media resources to post or share personal information with others. You should consider carefully what information about yourself you choose to share with others when you use social media resources.
In general, the Clean Earth, Inc. website is not directed at children and most of the online services that we offer are designed for individuals who are 18 years of age or older.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
Clean Earth, Inc. uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and to better understand our audience's demographics. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Clean Earth, Inc. operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
1. No personal information collected.You may choose not to provide any personal information to Clean Earth, Inc. online by electing not to enter any personal information into a form or data field on our website, and by not using any personalized services provided by our online resources. However, most of our online resources are available only to individuals who provide personal information or who use personalized services.
2. Limitations and options regarding uses and disclosures for other purposes. Some Clean Earth, Inc. online resources may request your permission to use and disclose personal information about you in order to add you to our contact lists, to enable you to list yourself in a directory or a social media resource, and to identify and offer additional services and promotions that we believe you might find interesting. You can limit the use of personal information about you by checking or un-checking options provided at the time that you enter that information or that we may offer to you in the future. Additionally, you may change your communications preferences (such as to opt-out of communications you requested previously) by contacting us at the address that is most relevant to you.
4. E-mail communications:You may choose to receive optional e-mail and other communications from Clean Earth, Inc. by signing up for or subscribing to these communications through our website and other online resources. If you do not wish to receive optional e-mail communications, you may opt-out by visiting the website or other online resources where you subscribed, where available, and update your e-mail communication selections, or you may follow the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions in the e-mail communications you receive from us.
ACCESS AND/OR CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
To gain access to personal information about you collected online, and to keep it accurate, complete and current, you may contact us at the address most relevant to you. Where offered, you also may update personal information about you online by modifying information that you previously have entered into forms or data fields on our website. Where permitted by law, your ability to access and correct personal information will be limited where access and correction would: inhibit Clean Earth, Inc.’s ability to comply with a legal or ethical obligation, inhibit Clean Earth, Inc.’s ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims, result in disclosure of personal information about a third party, result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to Clean Earth, Inc. or a third party.
CONTACT CLEAN EARTH
Should you have questions about this policy or Clean Earth, Inc.'s information collection, use and disclosure practices, you may contact us at the address most relevant to you. When you contact us, please note the name of the website or other online resource you used or to which you provided personal information, as well as the nature of any information that you provided. We will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly within 10-20 business days to requests, questions or concerns you may have regarding access to personal information about you collected online or our use of personal information about you. We may contact you for follow up information and may share your inquiry with other individuals within Clean Earth, Inc. or working for Clean Earth, Inc. that are responsible for functions related to the subject of your inquiry. Except where required by law, Clean Earth, Inc. cannot ensure a response to questions or comments regarding topics unrelated to this policy or Clean Earth, Inc.'s privacy practices.
Clean Earth, Inc. may update this policy periodically. Clean Earth, Inc. reserves the right to modify, add or remove portions of this privacy statement at its discretion. If we decide to change this policy, we will post those changes at this site so you always will know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose it to anyone. If the changes we make to the policy are material, we also may post a notice on the Clean Earth, Inc. web page (www.cleanearthinc.com) or, in some cases, may provide notice of the changes by e-mail. This policy was last updated on May 6, 2011.
- Dec 19, 2012:Clean Earth Announces Hurricane Debris Disposal Services
Jan 10th, 2011:
Non Hazardous Profile Sheet CESF
Nov 28, 2011:
Williamsport Waste Codes
Williamsport Fact Sheet