Join us for this Paint Recycling Drop-Off Event for Households and Businesses in the Hemet area!
Location: City of Hemet Corporation Yard, 3777 Industrial Ave, Hemet, CA
WHAT PRODUCTS & QUANTITIES CAN YOU BRING?
Households may bring any amount of paint, stain, and varnish. Limits apply to businesses, see below.
Paint must be in sealed, original container with original manufacturer label. This event is for the following products only:
• House paint and primers (latex or oil-based)
• Deck and concrete sealers
• Clear finishes (e.g., varnishes, shellac)
No leaking, unlabeled, or empty containers
No aerosol spray paints
No drums or containers larger than 5 gallons
We cannot accept other hazardous waste or chemicals such as paint thinner, solvents, motor oil, spackle, glue, adhesive, roofing tar, pesticides, cleaning chemicals
Prior to event you must:
• Register for this event at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/paint-drop-off-event-city-of-hemet-corporation-yard-tickets-117521745705.
If you are unable to register online, call (855) PAINT09.
• Place all paint materials for drop-off in your vehicle’s trunk or the bed of your truck.
• Not attend if anyone in your household is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
During the event, you must:
• Remain in your vehicle.
• Unlock your vehicle’s trunk to allow event staff to remove the paint materials.
Participants are requested to wear masks and limit occupants in the vehicle to only members of the same household or living unit. If you are unable to attend this event, visit www.paintcare.org to find year-round drop-off sites near you.
To use the PaintCare program for oil-based paint, a business must qualify as an exempt generator under federal and any analogous state hazardous waste generator rules. Please visit www.paintcare.org/VSQG for more information on exempt generator rules. If your business does not qualify as an exempt generator, it will not be able to use the program for oil-based paint, but it can still use the program for latex products.
PLEASE VISIT www.paintcare.org or call (855) PAINT09 before attending the event to confirm event details have not changed.
View All Events
© Copyright 2020 Clean Earth, All Rights Reserved.