Businesses & Facilities: Preparing for Hurricane Irma
SEPTEMBER 6, 2017
As Hurricane Irma approaches our coastline, Clean Earth wants to make sure your hazardous waste is properly stored and segregated to prevent harmful spills. If you are in the path of Hurricane Irma, we urge you take precautionary steps now to lessen the potential damages from this Category 5 storm.
How to prepare for Hurricane Irma:
- Review your hazardous waste inventory.
- Track the path of Hurricane Irma using websites and tools such as this one.
- Store your containers in a secure area and verify proper closure.
- Make sure waste is segregated to avoid reactions, and keep spill kits available and well stocked.
- Review your facility’s contingency plans and understand evacuation routes.
- Communicate emergency response contractor information with your employees. If you don’t have one, contact your Clean Earth account representative today.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your scheduled service, please contact your account manager or call your customer service representative. We have teams ready to assist you with hazardous waste transportation and disposal, industrial cleanup, household hazardous waste, site restoration, emergency response service and more.
As a valued partner, Clean Earth is here for you. We will continue to communicate any relevant information that could assist you and your employees.
Our Emergency Response team is available 24 hours and can be reached at 877-577-2669.