Clean Earth Named 2021 SEAL Award Winner for Successful Fullcircle™ Advanced Waste Lifecycle Program
- The specialty waste processing Company earned the prestigious award within SEAL’s Environmental Initiatives Award category.
- Clean Earth’s Fullcircle Advanced Waste Lifecycle Program is recognized for its impact on sustainable business practices.
King Of Prussia, Pa. – (Dec. 21, 2021) - Clean Earth, a division of Harsco Corporation and a leading provider in environmental and regulated waste management services, announced today that it has been selected as a winner of the 2021 Sustainability, Environmental Achievement & Leadership (SEAL) Business Sustainability Awards for its Fullcircle program, with earned recognition in the Environmental Initiatives category.
2021 SEAL Sustainability Award honorees included global brands such as Disney, General Motors, Salesforce and Samsung, judged by a panel of 10 sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) experts. SEAL is an environmental advocacy organization that honors leadership through its notable award programs, including the business sustainability awards.
“It is an honor for our Fullcircle Advanced Waste Lifecycle Program to be recognized by SEAL for its steadfast commitment to the environment and sustainability, with our customer’s waste goals in mind,” said David Stanton, President of Clean Earth. “At a time when consumers are increasingly prioritizing sustainability, we’re excited to continue the program’s momentum into the new year by making it easy for our customers to not only properly manage their difficult-to-treat waste, but also remain a trusted partner in their waste management journey.”
Fullcircle carefully and strategically analyzes waste at each source of generation, then offers solutions for recycling and beneficial reuse alternatives for the material. From initial product concept to lifecycle completion and everything in between, the program aims to provide solutions that eliminate all the waste, recycle as much as possible, and build a scalable program for customers focused on zero waste.
Fullcircle has proven recycling and beneficial reuse success including the following:
- 1 million pounds of bulk-making waste from one multinational consumer goods corporation was diverted from traditional disposal to organic compost.
- 1 million pounds of hand sanitizer unfit for retail sale was recycled for reuse as an energy source.
- 8 million pounds of soap-like non-viable byproduct was solutioned to an alternative use as an industrial cleaner.
- 10 million pounds of waste material converted to an engineered fuel solution.