Clean Earth Recycles Over 93% of Waste Processed; More Than 8 Billion Pounds in 2021
- With the help of Clean Earth’s efforts, more than 80 percent of Harsco Corporation’s total revenue now comes from environmental solutions, compared to just 60 percent four years ago.
- Expanded service offerings in the hospitality and convenience store industries will support continued progress.
King of Prussia, Pa. – (April 21, 2022) – Clean Earth, a division of Harsco Corporation and a leading provider in environmental and regulated waste management services, announces that it has succeeded in recycling more than 8 billion pounds of waste last year, including several hard-to-treat specialty wastes, such as hazardous and non-hazardous waste, contaminated soil, dredge material, universal and e-waste. This recycled waste makes up 93 percent of the waste Clean Earth processed throughout 2021 and represents continued progress toward the goal of deriving 90 percent of Harsco Corporation’s revenue from environmental solutions.
Specifically, Clean Earth recycled:
- 362 million pounds of hazardous waste
- 88.3 million pounds of non-hazardous waste
- 3.26 million tons of contaminated soil
- 271,000 tons of dredged material
- 140,000 tons of wastewater
- 129,000 tons of fuel
- 16.5 million pounds of electronics
- 10.7 million pounds of lamps
- 10.4 million pounds of batteries
- 10.3 million pounds of aerosol cans
- 964,000 pounds of ballast
“Every day, we develop and implement innovative solutions to turn the world’s largest waste streams into recycling opportunities that positively impact our planet and the people who inhabit it,” said David Stanton, President of Clean Earth. “We are proud of our sustainability achievements in 2021 and look forward to continuing to strengthen and grow our capabilities.”
In 2021, Clean Earth expanded its service offerings in the hospitality and convenience store sectors, which will further increase the proportion of Harsco Corporation’s total revenue that comes from environmental solutions. With a broad range of environmentally responsible, flexible, and cost-effective solutions for customers in the hospitality and convenience store industries, Clean Earth is poised for further progress.
Harsco Corporation’s 2021 Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) report, is set to be released in September 2022 and will further highlight Clean Earth’s efforts in sustainability and provide additional information about future initiatives.
To learn more about Clean Earth, please visit www.cleanearthinc.com or follow the Company on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram.