You are here
The nation's longest operating dredged material disposal, recycling and beneficial use company.
In order to keep our nation’s ports open for shipping, the United States Army Corp of Engineers estimates that hundreds of millions of cubic yards of dredged material needs to be excavated each year from waterways across the country. This dredge material, an aggregate of sediment accumulated at the bottom of a waterway, must be removed in order to provide fifty foot deep channels required for large ocean-going shipping vessels. It is time now more than ever, to provide treatment and beneficial reuse solutions for earthen material such as dredge and avoid traditional landfill disposal as it is critical to our nation’s maritime and environmental future.
Clean Earth’s dredged material disposal division, Clean Earth Dredging Technologies or CEDT, rose to this important challenge by launching the most innovative recycling program for environmentally impacted dredged material in the country. Between two facilities, Claremont Dredged Material Recycling Facility and Koppers Dredged Material Recycling Facility, Clean Earth has the capacity to process 9,000 cubic yards of contaminated and non-contaminated dredged material per day.
Clean Earth Dredging Technologies has spearheaded technology allowing us to recycle over 6.5 million cubic yards of dredged material since 1996. This material has been processed into engineered structural fill and employed in wide variety of beneficial reuses including mine reclamation, landfill capping, golf course contouring, and the redevelopment of over twenty-five brownfields in the state of New Jersey alone.
In fact, Clean Earth Dredging Technologies's extensive experience in recycling dredged material makes us the longest operating Dredged Material Processing and Beneficial Use Company in the country. Contact us today to discuss your organization's needs and find out how Clean Earth’s vision for faster, smarter, greener solutions will benefit all the stakeholders in your next project.
The types of dredged material our facilities handle include:
- Clean & Contaminated
- Non-Hazardous Dredges Material
- Marine Sediment
- Fresh Water Sediment
- Marine Debris
- Pier Demolition Debris
What types of Sites / Projects are Candidates for Processed Dredged Material?
- Projects requiring a large amount of fill for grading
- General construction fill (high strength material)
- Raise elevation due to floodplain concerns/compliance
- Increase visibility from highways
- Valley fills, former strip pits or quarries
- Brownfield remediation and capping (redevelopment)
- Geotechnical Improvement
- Preload/Surcharge to consolidate unsuitable subsurface
- Typically desirable versus pilings or dynamic compaction
- Landfill Closure
- For redevelopment of pad sites
- Recreational opportunities (golf courses)
What are the Characteristics of Processed Dredged Material?
- Chemically stable
- Safe in upland environment - meets existing regulations for placement
- Good structural strength
- Soil like in transit
- Easily handled with standard construction equipment
- Functions as select fill
- Has Value - numerous beneficial reuses